Pasta Pepperoni has been in the Peterson household for over three decades! Thank you G’ma Mac for giving us this recipe! Bonus, if you want to make a lower carb version, substitute you choice of pasta with baked spaghetti squash!
let’s get started with our Pasta Pepperoni
This hand-me-down recipe is one of my personal favorites and it’s super easy.
While the pot of water is coming to boil to cook the pasta, I prep the veggies and pepperoni.
For this dish I like to use either Penne or Mostaccioli Pasta.
And when cooking pasta for the Pasta Pepperoni Salad, I usually cook it a minute or two less than what the directions call for.
So if it states, “cook 10-12 minutes”, I’ll usually cook it for 8 minutes.
I like my pasta ‘al-dente”.
Prepping our Veggies for Pasta Pepperoni
For the Pasta Pepperoni, I like slicing my veggies and pepperoni lengthwise so I have similar sizes compared to the pasta.
In fact, the reason why I started slicing the pepperoni, my kiddos used to steal them out of the bowl! I am serious, those stinkers!
I slice my black olives also, why? I honestly can’t tell you.
Yes you can use the sliced black olives if you choose.
Set the black olives aside until later.
While the pasta is cooking, I turn the heat on the veggie mixture on low and cover with a lid.
Once the pasta is cooked, I add to the veggie mixture, and stir together.
Then I add about a cup of heavy cream or whole milk to the mixture and black olives and stir together.
Serving our Pasta Pepperoni
I love serving Pasta Pepperoni with parmesan cheese and garlic bread.
Otherwise this is also perfect as a side dish too.
Check it my video shorts below!
G’ma Macs Simply Delicious Pasta Pepperoni Salad
- 16 ounces Penne pasta or Mostaccioli cooked al dente according to package directions
- 1 package Pepperoni cut in slices
- 1 small Yellow onion sliced
- 1 medium Green pepper sliced
- 1 can Black olives drained and sliced
- 1 cup Heavy cream or milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- While the water is coming to a boil to cook the Penne or Mostaccioli Pasta, start slicing the pepperoni, onions and green pepper. I like to cut them in lengths to match the Penne Pasta.
- In a large skillet, add the pepperoni, onions and green peppers. Personally, I like to place the lid on the skillet over low to medium heat and stir the pepperoni misture occasionally until the pasta is done.
- Follow the package directions and cook the pasta al dente, drain and add the Penne pasta to the pepperoni mixture.
- Next I stir in heavy cream, sliced black olives and then salt and pepper to taste. Serve with parmesan and garlic bread. Tip: for a little extra veggie kick, use a medium to large onion and 2 peppers.
THE LINKS ABOVE MAY CONTAINS AMAZON, HOBBY LOBBY AND WALMART AFFILIATE LINKS. THIS MEANS IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE, I MAY RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION, AT NO COST TO YOU.
Join us in my new public Facebook group, MPD Community, so we can share our creations with each other.
I’d love to see your creations!
Click here to join my Facebook business page, Melissa Peterson Designs.
JOIN US AT MPD TRIBE
To join MPD Tribe fill out the form below to join. Check your email for confirmation along with the password to the protected MPD Library.
Hope you have a great week and happy crafting!
THE LINKS ABOVE MAY CONTAINS AMAZON, HOBBY LOBBY and WALMART AFFILIATE LINKS. THIS MEANS IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE, I MAY RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION, AT NO COST TO YOU.